Numbers 26:52-28:15 ~ Luke 3:1-22 ~ Psalm 61:1-8 ~ Proverbs 11:16-17
~ Click here to read today’s Scripture on BibleGateway.com ~ // Mobile Site Link
~ Listen to today’s Scripture on One Year Bible Online Audio, ESVBible.org: OT, NT, Psalms, Proverbs or DailyAudioBible.com (podcast) ~
Old Testament: Today in Numbers we read a powerful narrative about how Joshua was to succeed Moses. Jesus’ name comes from Joshua, which means, “Jehovah is salvation.” Makes a lot of sense for Jesus’ name… Is Jesus your salvation?
Below is a great image for Numbers Chapter 27 verses 16-17:
New Testament: I always love reading about John the Baptizer! John is sometimes referred to as the “last Old Testament prohet.” Jesus said this about John in Luke 16:16 – “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John.” Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophets, priests and kings. I find it very helpful to know Jesus is my Prophet, Priest and King. Prophets in the Old Testament typically preached repentance from sins, and John was no exception to this rule in our readings in Luke chapter 3 today. John preached repentance!
- Have you repented from your sins?
- Is your life showing the fruits of your repentance?
Psalms – Today we read Psalm 61, which has some powerful verses for us to meditate upon when the storms of life come crashing down upon us. This Psalm reminds us of who is indeed our true Rock – our true Refuge. Verses 1 through 5 are so powerful to meditate upon when you are going through a storm in your life –
“Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
For you have heard my vows, O God;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.”
Proverbs: Today’s Proverbs remind us to be kind! How’s your kindness going these days?
Please join us in memorizing and meditating on a verse of Scripture today: “And the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” Luke 3:22 NIVPrayer Point:
- Pray for more of the Holy Spirit in your life.
- Pray that you life will be pleasing to God.
Comments from You & Questions of the Day:
- Based on our Psalm today, do you cry out to God in prayer during the storms in your life?
- When your heart grows faint, do you call on God’s holy name, and allow him to lead you to his Rock?
- Do you believe that God can be your refuge? Your strong tower against the foe?
- Do you long to dwell in God’s house forever?
- Do you long to take refuge in the shelter of God’s wings?
- Also, what verses or insights stand out to you in today’s readings?
Please Post Your Comments Below
Love, Trust and Obey Jesus,
Bible Reading Plan For 19th March:
- Numbers 28:16-29:40
- Luke 3:23-38
- Psalm 62:1-12
- Proverbs 11:18-19