Deuteronomy 4:1-49 ~ Luke 6:39-7:10 ~ Psalm 68:1-18 ~ Proverbs 11:28
~ Click here to read today’s Scripture on BibleGateway.com ~ // Mobile Site Link
~ Listen to today’s Scripture on One Year Bible Online Audio, ESVBible.org: OT, NT, Psalms, Proverbs orDailyAudioBible.com (podcast) ~
Old Testament – Today in Deuteronomy chapter 4 verse 29 we read: “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
- How does this verse speak to you today?
- Do you believe it is true?
- Have you sought God with all of your heart and with all of your soul?
This verse also reminds me of Jesus’ teaching of one of the two great commands – which he quoted from Deuteronomy chapter 6 verse 5 – “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”
- So – if you have sought after God and found him, do you now today love God with all your heart and with all of your soul and with all your strength?
- What does this look like in your life?
- How do you love God in your life today?
New Testament – The passages on the faith of the centurion today are powerful – especially his words in verse 7 – “Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.” Can we learn something from the faith of the centurion in our lives today?
Psalms – I always like the idea and reminder to sing to God!
- Do you sing to God at places other than church? Maybe in your car? Maybe at home with the headphones on?
- Do you “sing” to God with the way you live your life?
Here’s verse 4 in Psalm 68 today which I love – “Sing praises to God and to his name! Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds. His name is the LORD– rejoice in his presence!”
How do you sing your praises to the Lord each day? Is it done as passionately as this FELLOW below? 🙂
Proverbs – Proverbs 11:28 today teaches us: “Trust in your money and down you go! But the godly flourish like leaves in spring.” Great proverb! It tells us that trusting in money is not godly and “down” we will go. Why? Because if we are trusting in money then we are not trusting in God. And who can ultimately hold us “up” – now and for eternity? God or money?
Worship God: Today’s readings i Deuteronomy chapter 4 and Psalm 68 remind me of the Matt Maher song “Alive Again:”
Please join us in memorizing and meditating on a verse of Scripture today: “”Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” Luke 6:46 NIV
- Pray that you will call upon Jesus as your Lord, each and every day.
- Pray that you will be obedient to Jesus’ Word, each and every day.
- Pray that you will be a doer of Jesus’ Word, and not just a hearer.
Comments from You & Questions of the Day:
Back to our Psalm today – how many folks out there belt out worship tunes while driving in your car?? 🙂
Also, what verses or insights stand out to you in today’s readings?
Please Post Your Comments Below
Love, Trust and Obey Jesus.
Bible Reading Plan For 26th March:
- Deuteronomy 5:1-6:25
- Luke 7:11-35
- Psalm 68:19-35
- Proverbs 11:29-31